RKay Butler is an award-winning writer and marketing communications professional with over 25 years of experience in entertainment and advertising. Over the years, she has amassed extensive experience that includes diverse aspects of writing, marketing and communications for both corporate and non-profit clients.
- The scope of her work includes online content, print, and film and television. Her clients have included major corporations and organizations like CARE, IBM, and Coca-Cola.
- Her writing has been featured in publications like The Atlanta Business Chronicle, Atlanta Now Magazine, and cinemATL.com.
- In 2008, her first documentary film, China’s Three Gorges Dam: A Flood of Controversy premiered on PBS. In June of 2009 it was awarded a Bronze Telly. That was followed by Age of the Mind , which aired on PBS in 2013 and also garnered a Bronze Telly.
- RKay co-wrote and produced short films for the 48 Hour Film Project and the NYC Midnight Madness Short Film Competition, winning honors in both, including Award for Best Writing, Horror category, in the NYC competition.
- She has authored and co-authored several film and documentary scripts, including “Women in Time,” “The Gullah Curse,” and “Echota,” all currently in development in Los Angeles and Atlanta.
RKay is a past president of Women in Film and Television Atlanta. She also has the honor and distinction of being elected as a founding member of the International Board of Directors of Women in Film and Television International.
To view RKay’s resume, click here.